The Department of Philosophy and Social Sciences of Chinese Academy of Sciences was instituted.
The Chinese Academy of Social Sciences was founded in replacement of the Department of Philosophy and Social Sciences of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences was set up as one of the forerunners of graduate education in humanities and social sciences in China.
The University of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences was established on the basis of the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
● Prof. Lv Shuxiang, UCASS Member, former Director of the Institute of Linguistics gave a seminar in 1979.
● Prof. Xu Dixin, former Vice president of CASS, Director of the Institute of Economics gave a lecture to GSCASS students in 1981.
● The degree-conferring and graduation ceremony of the grade 1978 was held in 1982.
● Former Chinese leaders Deng Xiaoping and Jiang Zemin received Prof. Hu Sheng, president of CASS and GSCASS and other Hong Kong Foundamental Law drafting committee members in 1990.
● Former Chinese President Hu Jintao met Li Lin, Law Institute director general and GSCASS Law Department professor before Prof. Li Lin gave a lecture to the 16th CPC Political Bureau in 2003.
● In 2011, Chinese Vice Premier Li Keqiang met with Prof. Gao Peiyong, CASS Member and Director-general of the National Academy of Economic Strategy, CASS at the expert consulting meeting for drafting the Government Work Report.
● 2011 Graduation Ceremony of GSCASS.